Tue 25 & Wed 26 Feb 2014
Join The debate
We are encouraging everyone in the Arts and Culture industry to debate and comment on the underlying themes of No Boundaries, and will be using this page to add provocations from as many voices as possible. Our aim is that the conference in February becomes a focal point for these discussions and a stepping stone to influence change and support growth.
If you want to add have your say and present ideas, challenges and solutions, in whatever form you’d like, then let us know by:
News & Debate
What Are the Arts For?
I started my career as a producer for the BBC: producing dramas and documentaries first in radio, then in television. I had the good fortune to work with some of the finest writers and performers in Britain: Seamus Heaney, Derek Mahon, Alan Rickman, Jim Broadbent, Simon Callow, Bill Nighy, Nick Bicat, Simon Schama, Peter Barnes, Janet Suzman, Elizabeth Spriggs, the London Chamber Orchestra.
I went on to run four companies: one here in the U.K. and three software companies in the United States.
Back home near Bristol, I now write plays and non-fiction.
This trajectory regularly strikes people as peculiar. I’m frequently asked: am I a businesswoman or an artist? The implication is that I can be one or the other, not both. My interrogators routinely fail to see that there could be any connection between the different parts of my career.
- @ajulysantos madre teresa tbm não1 hour ago
- @ImprensaDeGamba @ESPNagora Nunca vi uma matéria sobre o valor do Maicon nos bambis ou do Guilherme e Giovanni Augusto nos gambás.18 hours ago
- @RicaPerrone Não tenho dó de ninguém de qualquer classe que usa droga.19 hours ago
- @mvicca @andregalvaofer Assim como utilizamos muito a base em 2014 por necessidade.1 day ago
- @FatosEsquerda Não falam mesmo. Nunca estudei sobre esses heróis na escola. Diziam apenas que o Brasil teve partici… https://t.co/Zs1iG0nsj31 day ago